The first port of arrival at import and the last exit port at export on the North-Europe range, offering the best transit times between Europe and the rest of the world, Grand Port Maritime du Havre, a member of HAROPA*, handles container traffic, bulk traffics and exceptional loads equally.
Its advantages include 24/7 access even for the largest ships (more than 20,000 TEU), fast, smooth traffic in the port district and a pan-European multimodal transport network.
The port of Le Havre is also Europe's only ISO 28000 Security certified port hub, and was voted "Best Seaport in Europe" 2018 by the readers of the Asian magazine Cargo News.
* Joint venture between the ports of Le Havre, Rouen and Paris.
The port of Le Havre in figures
- 1st French port for foreign trade and container traffic
- 1st French port for reefer traffic
- 1st French port for energy supply
- 1st French platform for import and export of new vehicles
- 1st world port for wines and spirits
- More than 66 million tonnes of goods handled in 2016
- Bulk: nearly 40 million tonnes of goods handled in 2016
- Connections to more than 600 ports in all five continents
- 75 regular shipping lines
- More than 6,000 calls a year: container carriers, bulk carriers, ferries,
RoRo vessels, cruise liners
- The Port 2000 terminal: more than € 1 billion of public and private investment to create 4,200 m of quayside
- Able to berth container carriers of 20,000 TEU and more
- An industrial port zone of more than 10,000 ha
Situated to the north of Le Havre, Fécamp is a trading port of human scale, enjoying a privileged intermodal position for bulks and general cargoes. Traffics include oils, food products, paper pulp and heavy lifts.
At import, the goods currently come from Scandinavia, the Baltic and Russia for wood, southern Europe and Africa for oils.
The port of Fécamp is one of the partners of the HAROPA Economic Interest Grouping.
The port of Fécamp in figures
500,000 tonnes a year handling capacity
25,000 m² of storage yards
25,000 m² of storage sheds
Operators' certification: ISO 9002 / 2000 and AEO